Thursday, March 27, 2014

Black Man and Isibaya

#DearBlackMan : I admire men who have kraals with cows, sheep etc. in them. There is something about a dear black man and the way he treasures his cattle that is admirable. I find such black men are often more grounded, family orianted and less superficial than those who are only interested in bright city lights. I was told that in Botswana people relax by watching their beautiful cattle as they graze. I find that intriguing yet I can imagine that it must be relaxing. As relaxing as watching the ocean. While Zuma may have used the state's money to pay for his kraal, kraals are not bad in themselves. It is using state money that is wrong. I admire the fact that he has his own Isibaya. Mandela also had his own kraal full of cattle. #Dearblackman do consider building your own kraal and having your own live stock one day. Believe me you will feel much closer to the many generations that have gone before you. If I must choose between a township black man who has never seen the sight of a cow but is a happy beef eater, and a man who has been inside the kraal, a Sibaya man wins handsdown. With education something about a Sibaya man feels capable in all spheres of life. He is also unlikely to be afraid of insects like I have sadly witnessed in men who have only ever seen city lights. Of course there are many progressive women who find it sexy to watch a man who is afraid of insects. I often think how will he handle a lion if he jumps at the sight of a harmless insect? Do consider visiting a kraal in your lifetime.

No comments:

Blog Archive